USC, Annenberg School of Communications,
M.A. Honors Distinction 1985 – 1986
USC Law School, J.D. (Top 15% of class) 1983 – 1986
UCLA, B.A., Mass Media – Multi-Disciplinary
(Magna Cum Laude) 1979 – 1983
Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker (1986 – 1988)
Silverberg, Rosen Leon & Behr/Troy & Gould (1988 – 1990)
Milgrim Thomajan Lee (1990 – 1996)
- Substantial case load in intellectual property and entertainment related matters defending media and entertainment conglomerates.
- Team handling the disposition of the Jimi Hendrix estate.
Of Counsel Mintz & Bille
- Civil litigation, representing media companies, real estate developers and a variety of small businesses with an emphasis on breach of contract suits.
- Represented an energy company, co-chairing a trial involving a nine-figure lease which ended in a favorable judgment for our client.
- Represented ventures specializing in the acquisition of historic properties offering tax-advantaged investments through the creation of lost development easements.
Family Law Matters
- Ability to empathize with the challenge families face in the event of divorce.
- Ability to guide people toward a peaceful resolution in divorce proceedings and in support and custody modification matters.
- A skill set required for the rigors of the judicial system acquired through extensive trial experience.
- Extensive experience in the negotiation and drafting of premarital and postnuptial agreements.
Charitable and Community Organizations
- Los Angeles Chapter of Lawyers for the Arts.
- Volunteer teaching with Junior Achievement.
- Co-Chair of neighborhood Home-Owners Association.
- Member of Ready to Succeed, a non-profit organization that supports college students raised in foster homes.