The Conejo Valley Second Saturday™ Divorce Workshop is pleased to announce it has added six new faculty members and now covers post-divorce topics.
The next Conejo Valley Second Saturday Divorce Workshop will be held on March 12 from 10:00 a.m. — 1:00 p.m. at Manchester Financial, 2815 Townsgate Road, Suite 100, Westlake Village, California 91361.
WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif. March 7, 2016 – The Conejo Valley Second Saturday™ Divorce Workshop is an educational workshop that helps people navigate their way through the divorce process. With the addition of new presenters, the 3-hour sessions cover not only the legal, financial, family and personal issues of divorce, but also post-divorce financial planning, estate planning, and real estate issues. The presenters are all independent professionals dedicated to bringing peaceful resolution to family disputes.
The next Conejo Valley Second Saturday Divorce Workshop will be held on March 12 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Manchester Financial, a wealth management firm in Westlake Village, has graciously agreed to be the new host location for the workshops. The firm is located at 2815 Townsgate Road, Suite 100, Westlake Village, California 91361. The fee is $45 with mental health professionals attending at no charge.
The following professionals are joining Conejo Valley Second Saturday’s current roster of experts:
- Lisa Zonder, leader of Second Saturday, divorce mediator and attorney
- Matt Jewett, attorney
- Theresa Heyes, LMFT, divorce coach and marriage family therapist
- Shane Loomis divorce attorney
- Forensic divorce accountants Jerry Cohen, CPA and Steven Garelick, CPA.
“We saw the need to expand the scope of our workshop for people contemplating divorce with more information to help them make their decisions,” said Leader Lisa Zonder of Zonder Family Law. “Attendees are not just going to hear from a lawyer, therapist, and financial person. They’ll also get information from a post-divorce financial planner, a real estate agent who deals with selling and buying the home, as well as two estate planning attorneys about what can you or can’t you do with your will and your trust through your divorce process. Having a team of advisors of this caliber in one place creates the positive synergy of the workshop.”
- Guest presenter, Gitu Bhatia, Psy. D., is a psychologist with extensive experience working with individuals, couples and families. Bhatia works collaboratively, as a mediator and divorce coach, for families going through separation and divorce. Bhatia is 2016 Past President of the Los Angeles County Psychological Association and an adjunct faculty member at the Graduate School of Psychology at Pepperdine University, Malibu.
- Guest presenter, Warren R. Sacks, is a Senior Partner with the accounting firm White, Zuckerman, Warsavsky, Luna & Hunt. Sacks is a Certified Public Accountant and has been practicing mediation and collaborative divorce forensic accounting since 1985. He holds the AICPA’s CFF designation (Certified Financial Forensic).
- New presenter, Jennifer Leighton, is a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™ with Manchester Financial. She specializes in helping divorcing and divorced individuals achieve financial peace of mind. Leighton is passionate about educating and empowering women to take control of their financial lives. She is trained in Collaborative Family Law as a Financial Neutral and also leads a monthly women’s divorce support group. She is a published author and her article, “7 Financial Tips for Women Facing Divorce,” was recently published on The Huffington Post.
- Kelley Bannon Lashley is an estate planning attorney with Calleton, Merritt, De Francisco & Bannon, LLP. She is committed to the protection and preservation of her clients’ wealth by offering professional legal services in all areas of estate planning and administration. In addition, estate planning attorney Terri E. Hilliard Olson of Hilliard Hopkins, LLP joins Second Saturdays as a guest presenter. Both Lashley and Olson have experience with estate planning for divorcing couples.
- Gabby Guthrie of Aviara Real Estate is a residential REALTOR® serving Ventura and Los Angeles counties. During a divorce process, Guthrie works in tandem with her clients’ trusted advisors in order to handle the real estate property.
Participants have shared that the workshop is empowering. It went beyond what they expected. It helped them gain a better understanding of the collaborative process. Second Saturday clarified the pros and cons of Collaborative, mediated and litigated divorce. It gave them the initial steps to take to move forward.
For more information on Conejo Valley Second Saturday or to register for the workshop go to: secondsaturdaydivorceworkshop.org
About Conejo Valley Second Saturday™ Divorce Workshop
The Conejo Valley Second Saturday™ Divorce Workshop is an educational workshop that helps people navigate their way through the divorce process. Whether a person is thinking about divorce or in the middle of one, our experts help them understand how to avoid the common legal, financial, and emotional pitfalls of the process. For more information and to register for the workshop visit, secondsaturdaydivorceworkshop.org.
# # #